ROWING NEWS – Old Johannians in Rowing
-Info courtesy of St John’s College’s sport department-
The St John’s Rowing Club is also very proud of and would like to congratulate the following OJs for the being selected for South Africa for the following tours:
- James Mitchell (Clayton 2015) on his selection in the Men’s Coxless Pair to compete in the U23 World Rowing Championships in Rotterdam, in The Netherlands. The World Championships will be taking place in August 2016.
- Nick Greeff (Alston 2012) on his selection to the South African University Rowing team to compete in the Heavyweight Men’s Coxless Four, at the World University Rowing Championships to be held in Poznan, Poland, later this year.
- Willie Morgan (Hodgson 2011) for being selected as cox to compete at the Paralympics in Rio, Brazil in the LTA Mixed Coxed Four.
- Barry McNeice (Thomson 2012) for being selected as the para-rowing assistant coach for the South African Rowing Team. Barry is currently coaching the Kenyan Para-sculler for the Paralympics in Rio this year.
- David Hunt (Nash 2009) for being selected to compete at the Olympic Games in Rio, Brazil in the Men’s Coxless Four
- David Hunt (Nash 2009)
David Hunt was a very dedicated schoolboy rower during his time here at St John’s. He rowed at a Junior National level in the Junior Coxed Four at the World Junior Rowing Championships in Brive, France.
David then went on to study engineering at the University of Pretoria and also row at a high level.
While completing his degree David has won numerous U23 and World University Medals in the Men’s Coxless Pair, competed at two World Rowing Championships and qualified two boat classes for the Olympics in Rio.
We look forward to seeing him compete at the Olympic Games in Rio in August.
- Willie Morgan (Hodgson 2011)